On April 2, 2018, HousingWire announced that Genworth Mortgage Insurance’s new website won their Tech100 Award. The award is given to companies who have produced innovative technology solutions in and for the U.S. housing industry to include mortgage lenders, mortgage insurance providers, and real estate tech companies.
The Process We Used
The process to rebuild our website took nearly 2 years from beginning to end. We focused a tremendous amount of time researching how our customers interacted with our website and what they wanted from our new one.
We knew we wanted a website that would be fast, streamlined, and user-friendly for our customers. To achieve this outcome, we took the following steps:
- Collected data on user interactions with our existing (old) website to understand which functions and pieces of content our customers interacted with most.
- Conducted focus groups and one-on-one meetings with customers to collect qualitative data on expectations for our new website.
- Developed user personas to better cater real-time content to each visitor based on web-savviness, industry knowledge, and job function, among other factors.
- Continuously tested our website builds to get user feedback.
Overview of Changes Made to Genworth’s Website
After listening to customer feedback and collecting data on their interactions with our old site, we built what is our new mortgage insurance website. There are some notable features that we incorporated into our new website including:
- A visual tracking system for our customers so they can easily view where their application is in the review process
- Drag and drop capabilities for uploading several documents at once
- An enhanced Rate Express® interface that helps customers compare Genworth rates side by side
- Capability to leave notes for an underwriter even after a loan is submitted
- Fewer required fields for MI applications
- A brand new mobile interface that allows customers to check on their loan status
- A new preview capability to view images and documents
You can see all these new features and more as you move throughout our new website. We are so pleased with how our website turned out, and we’re honored to have received HousingWire’s Tech100 Award! We look forward to continuously improving our website for our customers.