Genworth is a proud partner of HFAs across the country and has over 30 years of experience providing MI for HFA loans. Together with the HFAs, we can better serve our communities and help more families realize their dream of homeownership.
Learn How an HFA Loan Might Be the Best Fit for Your Borrower
Each state and many municipalities have a Housing Finance Agency (HFA) and each serves a similar purpose: to provide affordable housing opportunities for individuals whose needs may not be met by the traditional housing market.
HFA Loans and Benefits
- Low-cost mortgage financing options
- Down payment assistance programs are often available
- Reduced MI coverages
- Potential tax credit*
- Homebuyer Education programs
- Borrowers may cancel MI on conventional HFA loans after building 20% equity
- A wealth of state-specific resources available online
For more information on state-specific programs, go directly to your state's HFA page to find authorized lenders and resources.
*Borrowers should check with a tax consultant for tax advice.
Genworth's HFA Resources
- Competitive Rates and Guidelines
- Rate Express ® (select "yes" next to the HFA loan option)
- HFA vs FHA Comparison
- First-Time Homebuyer Resources
- Expert underwriting services and dedicated support staff
Learn more about Genworth's competitive pricing, guidelines, and other value-added benefits here.